Tree Planting Project
Are you passionate about trees? Would you like to donate a tree towards the ecological enhancement of our beautiful estate?
Trees bring greenery and greenery brings happiness. Let’s decorate our park area and nature with green life.
The donation cost for a tree amounts to R440.00 per tree and includes the following:
1. 80L Tree
3. Bone Meal
4. Delivery of the tree
5. Planting of the tree
6. Frost cover if needed
1. Tree tag at R25.00 per tag. The tree tag will be placed on the tree once the tree has reached maturity (approximately 2 years) and will be kept at the Estate Office.
2. The following information will appear on the tree tag:
2.1 Name of family and year sponsored
2.2 Common name of the tree
2.3 Scientific name of the tree
Please visit the park area and select a flag number. Your flag will indicate where and what type of tree will be planted. There are currently 50 flags to start phase 1.
Decide on a tree according to the variety of trees to choose from the below list of indigenous trees for phase 1 of the park tree planting project.
Types of Trees:
1. Fever Tree (ACACIA XANTHOPLOHEA)
2. Karee Tree (SEARSIA LANCEA)
3. Paperbark Tree (ACACIA SIEBERIANA)
Once you have decided on which tree you would like to buy and donate, kindly confirm if the flag number is still available. Once confirmed, forward the proof of payment, confirmation of the flag
number, and the tree type to Jolene via [email protected].
The order and project dates of phases 1 – 3 are as follows:
1. Phase 1 – The resident orders to be placed with Jolene by no later than 31st July 2020. The tree order will be placed with the supplier on the 3rd of August and the trees will be planted during the week of the 10th of August.
2. Phase 2 – The resident orders to be placed with Jolene by no later than the 19th of August 2020. The tree order will be placed with the supplier on the 21st of August and the trees will be planted during the week of the 31st August.
3. Phase 3 – The resident orders to be placed with Jolene by no later than 9th of September 2020. The tree order will be placed with the supplier on the 11th of September and the trees will be planted during the week of the 21st of September.
Kindly take note that the purchasing and planting of trees are not only subject to the park tree planting project.
You may follow step 3 of the purchasing process should you wish to purchase trees for your individual garden areas. Delivery will be free of charge and the dates the same as phases 1-3 as seen above.
Total Price per tree indicated below is R405.
Should you wish to obtain advice on planting location, nutrition, and planting methods a director will make contact with you once arrangements have been made with estate manager.