Controlled Park Burning
Control burning of the open veld took place on Saturday 19 October 2019.
This was done to prepare the area, for when the Park project kicks off as well as to :
- Encourage native vegetation improvement
- Use of prescribed fire encouraging the new growth of native vegetation,
- Maintaining the many plant and animal species whose habitats depend on periodic fire
- Aesthetic appearance enhancement
- Prescribed fire improves recreation and aesthetic values by increasing occurrence and
- Visibility of flowering annuals and biennials and maintains open spaces.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Estate Manager, Jolene Janse van Rensburg:
Cell: 082 909 5820
Office hours: Monday to Fridays from 08:00 to 16:00